ICON BY THE SEA 2017 Warhammer: Age of Sigmar; Call of the Dark Gods
The Age of Sigmar marches on and the Mortal Realms thunder with the sounds of vast armies clashing; regrouping and refocusing their attention where it is most needed in the endless front lines of war. As each general experiences victory and defeat they will travel through to other realms, attempting either to push their advance or consolidate their defenses as the demands of patrons change.
- R150 without a fully painted army
- R100 with a fully painted army
All lists must conform to the following:
- 1500 Points
- 500 Point “Side Board” army for tactical changes during the tournament.
- conform to the Pitched Battle Profiles in accordance with the General's Handbook.
- not contain any duplicate battalions.
- be submitted before the tournament begins.
- State the selected artifact and Trait for your General or Hero (where applicable) that will be used throughout the tournament.
Tournament House Rules:
- distances to be measured from base to base
- all missile weapons range is half (rounding down) while the unit/model is engaged in close combat.
Flying Colours: Fully Painted Army: 10 points
Legends of Lore: Submitted army background: up to 5 points
Minor Victory: 3 points
Major Victory: 5 points
Loss: 1 point
Sunday 9th April 2017
- 09:00 am Convention doors open and registration begins
- 09:40 am Tables and opponents paired off and rules explained
- 09:45 am Game 1
- 11:15 am Lunch
- 12:00 am Game 2
- 13:30 am Break
- 13:45 am Game 3
- 15:15 am Day ends, Prizes Awarded
At the end of each game, both the victorious and the defeated will be taken to a different Mortal Realm for their next match. Some defeated opponents may return to harry your success; while new challenges may be presented to you fresh from their own victories. Each Mortal Realm will have it's own house rules in to add flavor to every match. Pains have been taken to ensure no one army benefits over another in this regard; and rather all lists will be augmented (if ever so slightly) to keep matches dynamic and interesting; in accordance with the lore of Age of Sigmar.
Please refer to the handy diagram below for both the Dimensional Scatter table as well as the benefits that accompany them. (diagram to follow).
Players will be permitted 5 minutes to consider their army sideboard before the round begins. Both players will present their entire chosen army to their opponent before their sideboard selections are finalized, so as to give their opponent a tactical chance.
In order to use units from your Sideboard each game use the following process.
- Both armies and sideboards must be placed on the table beforehand so everything that is available can be seen by both players. It should be made clear, both in your army lists and on the table, what is your main army and what is your sideboard.
- Before deciding Territories, the players must roll off. The loser of the roll of decides if they wish to replace Warscrolls in their army with a Warscroll from their sideboard.
- If they do, then they may remove as many Warscrolls from their main army list as they want, and replace them with one Warscroll from their sideboard, bearing in mind the following
- The addition of sideboard Warscrolls may not take an army above 1500 points.
- Their army must still adhere to all minimum and maximum restrictions for Battleline units, Leaders, Behemoths and Artillery Pieces after the new Warscroll has been added.
- Warscrolls may have their model count increased by adding Sideboard Warscrolls to them, where applicable. This may not take them above their normal model count limits (if any) nor may any Warscrolls have models added to them which they could not normally contain.
- You may replace your General, but when you do you must immediately choose a new one and inform your opponent who your new General is.
- Any Warscrolls removed from your army do not become part of your Sideboard, they are completely removed and are no longer an option for you to have in your army for this game
- Once the first player has gone through this process once, their opponent must then do it as well.
- Once a player chooses not to replace Warscrolls from their Sideboard, or can no longer do so because they are either out of replacement Warscrolls or points, they can no longer replace Warscrolls from their army with Warscrolls from their sideboard.
- Repeat the process alternatively until both players have either chosen not to replace models, or can no longer do so.
Selecting your Sideboard
The sideboard is 500 Points worth of models that can be chosen using the normal rules for army selection for Matched Play, with, the following additions:
- Your main army must contain the required minimum and maximum number of Leader, Behemoth, Battleline and Artillery Warscrolls, regardless of your sideboard.
- Your Sideboard must be from the same Grand Alliance as your main army.
- If you replace a model with a Command Trait or an Artefact, that Trait or Artefact are lost.
- Any changes to your army will still count towards your allegiance. Once deployed your army must still adhere to any requirements in terms of allegiance requirements, Grand Alliances, Command Traits, Artefacts and Battleline units. This means that if your army has Ironjawz Brutes as its Battleline units, and you swap a Megaboss for a unit of Grotz, then you will need at least two more Destruction Battleline units in order to play.
- Any Command Traits or Artefacts that you do not have the required allegiance for as a result of swapping your units simply become unusable in your game, and your models do not count as having them.
Each round will be played according to the following scenarios from the Generals Handbook:
Round 1: Gift from the Heavens
Round 2: Places of Power
Round 3: Border War
(please note that army special rules like Sylvaneth Places of Power etc, will not be used in this tournament)
Aqshy, Realm of Fire: –Reroll hit and wound rolls of 1 in combat.
Shyish, Realm of Death: –If your General would suffer a mortal wound, you may roll a d6. On a 6, the mortal wound is ignored. –All tournament scenery is counted as deadly.
Ghur, Realm of Beasts: –add 3” to all run/ change rolls. –add 3” to all missile weapons.
Ghyran, Realm of Life: –At the beginning of your hero phase. Roll a dice for each HERO that has taken lost a wound. On a result of 3 or more that HERO heals 1 wound (this effect can stack with other similar abilities).
Chamon, Realm of Metal: –add 1” Move for all models. –Add 1 to casting/unbinding rolls for models with the keyword WIZARDS
1st place - Wargaming Mat Sponsored by GameMat.eu and R800 worth of Games Workshop Products from The Batcave
2nd place - R800 worth of Games Workshop Products from The Batcave
3rd place - R500 worth of Games Workshop Products from The Batcave
Best Painted Army - Prize pack from Kromlech Miniatures
Thank you to our sponsors for their support
The Unseen Shoppe